- How much cooking experience do I need to have to attend?
None. We recommend learning at least 2 weeks to be better prepared as an Asian culinary specialist. After a few weeks of cooking, cooking, and cooking, you will be very familiar with use of Thai cooking utensils, knives, Thai ingredients, pastes, etc.
- What is the procedure for registration?
a. Pick your start date (usually a Monday)
b. Advise us by email
c. We will confirm if this is a good start date
d. Once confirmed, a deposit is necessary to hold your seat for that start date
e. Once your deposit is paid, we will provide a Letter of Acceptance to those needing this for a visa.
- When do chef courses start?
They start on each and every Monday of each month.
- Are we members of any professional organizations?
We are members of the American Culinary Federation (ACF) and the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Instituitional Education (CHRIE).
- What kind of chef training do we offer?
(A) 1-6 weeks of professional Thai culinary training
(B) 1 week Professional Thai Vegetarian Cooking course, here is the schedule–http://bangkokthaicookingacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/BTCA-Vegetarian-Cooking-Course-with-Dishes1.pdf
- Private chef training classes are also available. Just click HERE to learn more.
- Do you offer professional pastry and baking training? We offer from 1 to 8 weeks of training in French pastry, cakes & decorations, chocolates, and bread making. To read more, click HERE.
- How many weeks of professional training do you offer?
We offer 1 to 6 weeks of intensive all-inclusive professional Thai cooking, with emphasis on authenticity,professional presentation, and dish mastery, covering 25-30 professional dishes/week.
- How is training conducted?
First, the instructor chef will demonstrate each dish to you so that you take notes on recipes provided.
Secondly, you prep your ingredients and prepare each dish based on recipes and methods demonstrated.
Thirdly, your instructor will help guide you with constructive input, tasting what you prepare, making suggestions for improvement, and checking for proper presentation.
- When does class run?
Monday-Friday (unless Saturday is a makeup day)
9:30 AM onwards–until all assigned dishes are completed
- How many professional dishes/day are covered?
Usually, 5-6, depending on complexity (25-30/week)
- Where is the school located?
We are located near to BTS On Nut, 1/2 block from Sukhumvit Road . Address is 1979/13 Sukhumvit Soi 75/1.
- Is Bangkok safe?
We always get this question. Actually Bangkok is the safest city that I have ever lived in.
- Where can I stay?
We offer discounted private rooms to our students. All rooms are private with a private bath, hot water, wifi, air con. And for a list of nearby 2 to 4 star accommodations offering special prices for our students, please click HERE.
- Are recipes in English?
All recipes given to our students are in English.
- Are classes conducted in English?
Classes are conducted in English (and Thai when we have Thai students).
Translators are available for other languages.
- Do you have a Facebook page?
You can see our Facebook page HERE.
- Do you issue a school diploma?
Yes, we issue one which is accepted internationally.
- Who will be teaching me?
To see our chef instructors, please click HERE
- How do I pay the deposit (usually 25%)?
We will give you a payment link which will accept all major credit cards or
you can make payment via bank wire transfer.
- How do I pay the remaining balance?
Unpaid balance (not already paid by credit card or bank wire transfer) is due first day of class paid in either cash (Thai Baht) or by credit card (+3%).
- What is the class size?
Maximum of 10 in a class.
- What is included in my tuition?
Accommodations in a private room with private bath, wifi, air con
Instruction in English
Supplies and utensils (knives, etc)
Recipes in English
All that you cook (lunch, dinner,…)
Ice water, hot tea, hot coffee
T Shirt & apron both with school logo
- What about vegan, vegetarian, and halal?
All are available upon request, and we offer a 5 days professional vegetarian/vegan course. You can see the dishes covered in this class by clicking HERE.
- TO CONTACT US FOR MORE DETAILS, please click HERE.
- How are the chef training classrooms setup?
We recently moved into a much larger facility. All equipment is new and classrooms are fully air conditioned. All instruction, prepping, and cooking is done in air conditioning. Each chef training station has new triple gas burners, new granite counters, and new sinks. Here are a few pictures to illustrate:
Chef Training Classroom