Our Thai cooking school in Bangkok is very convenient as it is located next to a BTS Skytrain station. Thai cooking classes with us are FUN, PROFESSIONAL, AUTHENTIC, and fully air conditioned. Come see our new Thai cookery school by taking a cooking class for a half day or for eight weeks. We teach Thai cooking–hands-on beginner classes, vegetarian classes, private classes, professional chef courses, fruit carving and team building events. We are in Bangkok waiting for you…what are you waiting for?
With us, you have five choices on how you can learn to cook authentic Thai dishes:
- Beginner Cooking Classes–31 dishes to learn, YOU select the menu, 2 classes daily, Monday-Saturday
- Vegetarian Cooking Classes–31 dishes to learn, YOU select the menu, 2 classes daily, Monday-Saturday
- “Up To You” Cooking Classes–You select 4 dishes from 85+ available; one of our chefs will teach you how to cook them (one-on-one). “For those serious about learning Thai cooking”.
- “Specialized” Cooking Classes–Want to take some cooking classes not normally taught in most cooking schools? We can help here, just take a look at our special customized classes (at the bottom of this page).
- Chef Courses–These are in-depth, more intense learning with our head chef, a great way to fine-tune your cooking skills and a great way to become a Master Thai Culinary Chef. We offer a Professional Thai Vegetarian 5 day course, Private Chef Training, and Basic to Advanced chef courses from 1 to 8 weeks.
CONVENIENT–Next to BTS Bang Chak (12 minutes from BTS Asoke), easy to find (NO TAXI NEEDED)
COMFORTABLE–Frying, food prepping and eating ALL in air conditioning (no heat & no sweat)
Beginner Cooking Classes (1/2 Day)
- Cost: 1,200 B half day class or 2,200 for full day
- All instruction, frying, preparation and eating done in new air conditioned classrooms (no heat & no sweat)
- 5 dishes/class + a curry paste to prepare
- Each student selects what he wants to learn
- 31 dishes available to learn
- Pickup at BTS Bang Chak (12 minutes from BTS Asoke), Exit 5 at the end of the elevated walkway (NO TAXI NEEDED)
- Market tour for AM & PM classes
- Make sticky rice
- Make coconut milk (AM class)
- Monday-Saturday, AM class 8:45-12:45; PM class 1:00-5:00
- Professional color recipes for dishes prepared
- Certificate of Achievement awarded
- Frequently Asked Questions
NOTE: Each student can select what he wants to learn.
CURRY PASTE + CHICKEN (CHOOSE ONE):
- Green curry
- Red curry
- Yellow curry
- Khao Soy
SOUP & SALAD (CHOOSE ONE):
- Tom Yum Goong
- Tom Kha Gai
- Som Tam
- Laab Gai
- Glass Noodle Salad
APPETIZER, RICE & NOODLES (CHOOSE ONE):
- Pad Thai
- Pineapple Fried Rice
- Pad See Ew
- Chicken Satay
- Fish Cakes
STIR FRY (CHOOSE ONE):
- Chicken with Cashews
- Black Pepper Beef
- Minced Chicken with Spicy Basil
- Sweet & Sour Chicken
- Stir Fried Morning Glories
- Mixed Vegetables in Oyster Sauces
DESSERT (CHOOSE ONE):
- Mango with Sticky Rice
- Deep Fried Bananas
- Bananas in Coconut Milk
FREE EXTRA FOR EACH SESSION
AM SESSION (8:45 AM-12:45 PM)
- Market Tour
- Make Sticky Rice
- Make Coconut Milk
PM SESSION (1:00 PM-5:00 PM)
- Market Tour
- Make Sticky Rice
Some of the benefits of hands-on Thai cooking at our Academy are:
Instruction by our culinary chefs in:
- Preparation of 200+ Thai meals such as Massaman Gai, Som Tam, Pad Thai, …
- Preparation of 7 curry pastes (panang, red, yellow, green, massaman, kao soy, jungle)
- Making sticky rice
- Making coconut cream and milk
- Use of woks and traditional Thai cooking utensils
- Basic fruit carving
- Payment for all regular Thai cooking classes is in cash only (Thai Baht), usually at the completion of your first class.
- An authentic Thai produce and seafood market
- FREE tea, coffee, and water during class
- A FREE recipe book
- A Certificate of Achievement by taking 1 or more classes
- FUN & SATISFACTION by learning to cook Thai and eating what YOU cook!!
VEGETARIAN & VEGAN DISHES: Our chef will make adjustments to recipes as needed. Substitutions such as tofu, mushroom sauce, soy sauce, soy proteins, etc can be used. Please advise when booking of your needs.
Note: We teach 7 of the World’s 50 most delicious foods, according to CNN–#36 Nam Tok Gai, #24 Fried Rice, #19 Green Curry, #10 Massaman Curry, #6 Som Tam, #5 Pad Thai, #4 Tom Yum Goong.
COMPARE….TRY US….We GUARANTEE your SATISFACTION!
PAYMENT– Payment for Thai cooking classes is in Thai Baht, usually at the completion of your first class.
GROUP & PRIVATE CLASSES– These are available. Contact us for time frames, costs, and scheduling.
CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT:
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded to those completing 1 or more classes.
MEETING TIMES & INSTRUCTIONS:
Regular Thai Cooking Classes, Vegetarian Thai Cooking Classes, and “Up To You” Cooking Classes are offered Monday-Saturday, twice daily at 8:45 & 1:00. All morning and afternoon classes include a Thai market tour. All morning and afternoon classes meet at BTS Bang Chak (12 minutes from BTS Asoke), exit 5 at the end of the walkway. Market tour follows after meeting your instructor.
Note: Meals are prepared with minimal use of hot peppers. You, as the cook, can adjust the “heat” to your liking.
To discuss your special needs or to answer any questions, please call: +66 2-020-6233 (School–English or Thai), +66 807-706-741 (English), or E-mail: Ron@BangkokThaiCookingAcademy.com.