Chef Chayanat (Nat) Boonmeerod, Head Chef Instructor
We are pleased and proud to have Kru (teacher) Nat as our Chef Instructor!
Chef Nat grew up in a small village on the banks of the Tha-Jeen river, just a short ways northwest of Bangkok. He acquired his love of cooking by helping his aunt Cha-Loy in the family kitchen. When he was young, she would send him out daily to fetch young tamarind leaves, coconuts, shrimp, fresh fruits, herbs & vegetables. Together, they would prepare various curry pastes, soups, and other traditional Thai meals. They did this together for many years.
After graduating from Srinakharinwirot University with a degree in Business Education, he realized his real love was Thai cooking. He thereupon enrolled in the intensive one year Traditional Thai Cuisine program of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Apprenticeship Program (OHAP). Upon graduation, he was recognized as their outstanding student.
Chef Nat has over 14 years of experience in both teaching traditional Thai culinary arts, fruit & vegetable carving, and as the head chef of several Thai restaurants in overseas countries. His experience speaks for itself.
- Srinakharinwirot University, B.A. in Business Education
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Apprenticeship Program (OHAP), intensive one year Traditional Thai Cuisine program
- Wandee Culinary School—Thai cooking and carving instructor, 4 years. Primarily taught foreigners who wanted to open Thai restaurants overseas and taught Thai nationals cooking skills in order to obtain overseas cooking positions.
- Sumita Culture Center—Thai cooking and fruit, vegetable & soap carving instructor, part time, almost 10 years
- Hand Craft Training Center—Vocational instructor, fruit and vegetable carving, 4 months
- Bangkok Thai Cooking Academy—Teacher of chef cooking classes and fruit & vegetable carving, April 2011-April 2013
- Bangkok Thai Cooking Academy– Teacher of chef cooking classes and fruit & vegetable carving, August 2014-present
CULINARY CHEF EXPERIENCE:
- Beijing, China—Head Chef, Phrik Thai Restaurant (Holiday Inn Lido), staff of 20, cooked for Royal Thai family members on visits to Beijing, 2 ½ years
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia—Head Chef, Siam 62 Thai Restaurant, 2 ½ years
- Singapore–Head Chef, My Thai Restaurant, 6 months
Chef Piyarat (Guitar) Ruangsang
Chef Guitar is our private chef instructor as well as our street food specialist. If anyone knows how to cook it, for sure it will be Chef Guitar. On weekends she operates her own street food restaurant. She is well-educated and can cook anything and everything–Royal Thai Cuisine, boat noodles, moo kata, street foods, authentic Thai dishes, and even fruit carving. Our students always love taking class with Chef Guitar. You will too–just give her a try!
Education & Culinary Training:
1. Silpakorn University, B.A. in Anthropology
2. Chulalongkorn University, M.A. in Developmental Psychology
3. Royal Traditional Thai Craft School for Women, intensive one year training in Royal Thai Cuisine
Bangkok Thai Cooking Academy–instructor of private chef classes, street food classes, and fruit carving since 2014.
Chef Laoongdao (Dao) Chanawong
Laoongdao, better known as Dao, is our smiling Thai cooking instructor in Bangkok. Behind this smile, however, is a Thai lady who can really cook–both Thai and European cuisine. Quite often her students make the same comment: What they cook in her class is usually the best food they’ve ever eaten! Chef Dao specializes in teaching our private classes and is our resident Master Fruit Carving instructor. We invite you to take a class or two with Chef Dao and enjoy some great Thai dishes. And, if you want to learn something fun and challenging, let her teach you another one of her specialties: Thai fruit & vegetable carving. One thing for sure—whatever you learn from her, you will enjoy her class—GUARANTEED!!
EDUCATION & TEACHING EXPERIENCE:
- Sisaket Business Administration College, degree in Accounting
- Le Cordon Bleu Basic Cuisine Diploma, Bangkok, 2018
- Dusit Thani Culinary College, completed Professional Thai Cooking Programme
- Dusit Thani Government Occupational Testing Certification, passed 2 day testing in cooking theory, practical skills, and fruit carving.
- Hua Hin Thai Cooking Academy—Thai cooking and fruit carving instructor, 2014-2016
- Bangkok Thai Cooking Academy–Thai cooking and fruit carving instructor, 2016-present
Chef Kingtian (King) Jantaraniyom
Chef King has a true passion for cooking, and it shows in her teaching style and food taste. She is a truly gifted chef with years of experience teaching in English and Chinese. Her belief is that food can both nourish the body and please the palate, all while having fun. Her understanding of nutrition, Thai cooking and fruit carving are second to none. Her students rave about her knowledge and friendly nature, and we are sure you will also. Come to the beautiful island of Phuket and experience the amazing sights from our hillside classroom while learning from the best.
1. Prince of Songkla University, Phuket, B.A. in Chinese Studies
2. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Apprenticeship Program (OHAP), intensive one year Traditional Thai Cuisine program
CULINARY & TEACHING EXPERIENCE:
1. Singapore–Sous chef at Elsie’s Kitchen, 1 year
2. Thailand–Head Chef at Thaksin Vocation Club, 3 years
3. Phuket Thai Cooking Academy–Head Instructor for Thai cooking and fruit carving, August 2015-present
CHEF SARAYUTH (KAI) SARIDDIPONG
Chef Kai graduated from Rangsit University in Faculty of Fine Art (Photography). He had a great chance to move to London in 2001 and found that he loved cooking. He followed his dream by studying in Professional Chef Diploma in London and other relevant courses that made him into a great chef. Chef Kai trained under various local chefs in London. Amongst more than 10 years of experienced other talents, Chef Kai also possesses an advanced knowledge of sanitation and food safety, food preparation, food presentation, resource management, menu management, the use of wine, liquor and spirits in cooking, and excellent communication skills. Chef Kai is also trained and certified in Health and Safety and ready to share with students who has the same dream as him.
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND ACHIEVEMENT
- Bachelor Degree in Faculty of Fine Art (Photography) from Rangsit University BKK
- Professional Chef Diploma NVQ Level 2, Westminster Kingsway London UK
- Foundation Certificate in Food Hygiene, City & Guild London UK
- Safe Handling & Use of Chemical Cleaning Products, Zenith London UK
Culinary Chef Experience:
2014-2016 Owner/Management Hot sauce, Self Catering BKK
2012-2014 Operation Manager/Owner/Chef at Sabuy-Arome BKK
2011-2012 Chef in wok section, OBAO BBQ Restaurant, NYC USA
2009-2011 Head Chef at Wine Connection Nawamin, Bkk
2006-2008 Grill Chef, Black & Blue (Steak House) London, UK
2004-2006 Second Chef, Mango Tree Restaurant, London UK
2002-2004 Chef/Food and Beverage Manager, The Mint, Thai Lemon, London UK
2001-2002 Chef, Page Pub, Thai Restaurant, London, UK
- 4 years as a private chef in UK
- 2018 – present– works as an Instructor at Bangkok Thai Cooking Academy
CHEF THITIKORN (BOSS) LAOSRIWIJIT
We are proud to have young chef Boss as a private class instructor at Bangkok Thai Cooking Academy. He is following his dream to become a great chef and help others to become professional chefs.
His love of cooking began in high school in the south of Thailand. His cooking philosophy is to produce fresh, healthy, sustainable, tasty dishes across all cooking styles and to keep every dish in high standard while instilling his passion for cooking from generation to generation.
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND ACHIEVEMENT
- B.A. Culinary Arts and Restaurant Management Dusit Thani Culinary College Bangkok (International Program joint with Le Cordon Bleu)
- Awarded in DTC Cooking Competition in 2013 in 4th in the Black-box Challenges
Culinary Chef Experience:
2013 Trainee at the Royal Phuket Yacht Club in Kitchen Department, Main, Bakery (Thai & Western) and Cold Section
2014 Trainee at Phulay Bay, a Ritz Carlton Reserves in Kitchen Department ,Plaifah (Pool side, Thai & Western), SriTrang (Thai) and LumPoon (Western)
2015 Trainee at Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit in F&B Department
2015 – 2017 Commis I at Kitchen Department, Hot Kitchen (Sauce, Side-dish, Meat, Fishand Pasta and in charge of Food Cost Controlling
2018 – present– Chef Instructor at Bangkok Thai Cooking Academy