300 g Shrimp, deveined
100 g Pork fat
1 cup Bread crumbs
2 Tsp 3 Buddy paste
PREPARE 3 BUDDY PASTE:
2 Coriander roots
1 Tsp White peppercorn
2 cloves Garlic
2 Tsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Oyster sauce
1 Tbsp Light soy sauce
1 Tsp Sesame oil
1. Remove shell, head and devein shrimp.
2. Combine shrimp and pork fat in food processor, along with some ice. Blend to fine consistency.
3. In bowl with minced shrimp, add 3 Buddy paste, sugar, oyster sauce, light soy sauce, and sesame oil. Mix well.
4. Place in refrigerator to marinade for 30 minutes.
5. Prepare cakes to desired size and roll in bread crumbs.
6. Deep fry on medium heat until golden brown. Remove and place on paper towel.
7. Serve with either plum sauce or sweet chili sauce.
To learn more about our Thai Cooking Clubs (Traditional & Vegan), click HERE.
To learn more about our Professional Training Courses leading to a Diploma, click HERE.
*RECIPES & VIDEOS–
Recipes presented here will vary some from your class. Every instructor teaches differently, and cooking is an art, not a science. No two chefs will cook the same dish identically. This is why the same dish eaten in multiple restaurants will all taste a bit different. There is no such thing as “one” perfect recipe. These recipes have been reviewed by us and prepared by one of our instructors.
Videos above are prepared by Chef Dao, one of our instructors. To visit her YouTube channel, please click on this link: