MANGO WITH COCONUT STICKY RICE
1 Ripe Mango
4 Pandanus leaves (if available)
Fried mungbean crumbles or sesame seed
COCONUT MILK WITH STICKY RICE:
1 cup Sticky rice (glutinous rice)
1.5 cups Coconut milk
1/3 cup Sugar
1 tsp Salt
COCONUT MILK FOR TOPPING:
½ cup Coconut milk
1 tbsp Sugar
½ tsp Salt
1 tsp Corn flour combined with
1 tbsp Water
1. Wash sticky rice and then soak in hot water for at least 2 hours or in room temp water over night.
2. Steam sticky rice in steamer using cheese cloth. Put 2 pandanus leaves in water if possible. Steam for 20 minutes, turning the rice after 10 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove from heat and cheese cloth and put in bowl.
3. To make coconut milk for sticky rice, put 1.5 cups of coconut milk in pot with 2 pandanus leaves. On low heat, add 1/3 cup sugar plus 1 tsp salt. Heat until sugar dissolves.
4. For topping, put ½ cup coconut milk, 1 tbsp sugar, ½ tsp salt and warm on low heat. Then add dissolved corn flour with 1 tbsp water to coconut milk to thicken.
5. In bowl with warm sticky rice, add #3 above (once cooled). Set aside for 30 minutes to mix well.
6. Cut mango in half. Remove skin and cut mango. Neatly put on plate.
7. In a small bowl, place #5 sticky rice. Turn bowl upside down on plate next to cut mango pieces.
8. Pour thick coconut milk topping (#4) on top of sticky rice and sprinkle with mungbean crumbles or seseame seeds.
9. Plate neatly and serve.
Servings: 2 pax
*RECIPES & VIDEOS–
Recipes presented here will vary some from your class. Every instructor teaches differently, and cooking is an art, not a science. No two chefs will cook the same dish identically. This is why the same dish eaten in multiple restaurants will all taste a bit different. There is no such thing as “one” perfect recipe. These recipes have been reviewed by us and prepared by one of our instructors.
VIDEOS are prepared by Chef Dao, one of our instructors. Here is a link to her YouTube channel: