250 g Shrimp
1 Cup Kale stems, cut
1-5 Hot chilis, chopped
3 Shallots, sliced
1 Lime (for juice)
1 stalk Spring onion, sliced
1 Tbsp Palm sugar
1 Tbsp Fish sauce
1. Slice shallots thinly and chop chilis to “heat” preference (smaller the hotter)
2. Peel kale stem skin off, diagonally cut stems and leaves
3. Finely cut green onions
4. Cut lime in 3 pieces and remove seeds
5. In bowl, combine seasoning—palm sugar + fish sauce + chilis + some lime juice. Mix well & set aside
6. Shrimp—remove shell, leave tail on. Remove vein, head shell, and legs.
7. Boil shrimp for 3 minutes. Remove and place in cold water (to stop the cooking process).
8. Blanch kale for 2 minutes. Remove and place in cold water (to stop the cooking process).
9. In seasoning sauce bowl, add in kale, shrimp, and shallots. Mix well and add in spring onions.
10.Neatly plate and serve
*RECIPES & VIDEOS–
Recipes presented here will vary some from your class. Every instructor teaches differently, and cooking is an art, not a science. No two chefs will cook the same dish identically. This is why the same dish eaten in multiple restaurants will all taste a bit different. There is no such thing as “one” perfect recipe. These recipes have been reviewed by us and prepared by one of our instructors.
VIDEOS are prepared by Chef Dao, one of our instructors. Here is a link to her YouTube channel: