RICE NOODLES WITH PORK AND GRAVY
180 g Rice noodles, broad
3 cloves Garlic, crushed
1 cup Kale, 1” lengths
¼ cup Baby corn, cut
¼ cup Carrots, sliced
½ Tsp Dark soy sauce (for noodles)
200 g Pork, sliced
1 Tbsp Corn flour
½ Tbsp Light soy sauce
1 Tbsp Oyster sauce
1.5 Tsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Light soy sauce
2 Tsp Sugar
½ Tbsp Soybean paste
½ Tbsp Oyster sauce
2 cups Water
1 Tbsp corn flour + 1 Tbsp water in a small bowl
1. Crush garlic, cut kale in 1” lengths, cut baby corn and slice carrot.
2. Mix dark soy sauce with rice noodles in small bowl.
3. Mix marinade and slice pork, combine and store in refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. In wok, add 2 Tbsp cooking oil plus garlic. Cook until fragrant. Remove garlic and add noodles in wok and cook for 1 minute. Remove and put in bowl. In same wok, put 2 cups of water + pork with marinade sauce. Cook on high until pork is 50% cooked.
5. Add carrots, baby corn and kale and then seasoning sauce and cook for 2 minutes. Add corn flour + water mixture and add back garlic. Cook vegetables to desired level. Gravy should be pretty thick.
6. In plate, place noodles in center and pour vegetables and pork from wok. Sprinkle with white pepper powder.
7. On the side, have peppers in vinegar, chili powder, fish sauce, & sugar.
To learn more about our Thai Cooking Clubs (Traditional & Vegan), click HERE.
To learn more about our Professional Training Courses leading to a Diploma, click HERE.
*RECIPES & VIDEOS–
Recipes presented here will vary some from your class. Every instructor teaches differently, and cooking is an art, not a science. No two chefs will cook the same dish identically. This is why the same dish eaten in multiple restaurants will all taste a bit different. There is no such thing as “one” perfect recipe. These recipes have been reviewed by us and prepared by one of our instructors.
Videos above are prepared by Chef Dao, one of our instructors. To visit her YouTube channel, please click on this link: